Magazines, books, and other paper have a way of accumulating. Here are some tips to help reduce the amount of waste and reuse some of the items more than once. Remember, small changes do make a big impact!
FACT: One ton of recycled paper saves 380 gallons of oil.
FACT: It takes the same amount of energy to produce just four sheets of paper as it does to power a laptop for one hour.
FACT: Nearly 400 million ink and 100 million toner cartridges end up in dumps each year.
- E-books are a great green alternative to paper books. E-books don’t use paper or require fuel to ship. Check out Amazon Kindle for more information on E-books.
- Going to the library to reuse books is a greener way to go then buying new books.
- Look for a recycling center near you.
- You can donate your old magazines to libraries, doctor offices, gyms and salons! Just make sure to cut out your address if you had them delivered to your home or office.
- Cancel magazine subscriptions you no longer read and save on the junk mail and plastic wrapping that come with it.